Try to catch him ridin' dirrrtyyy

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

With less than 24 hours in Quebec,

Terrance gets stopped for DWB - That's "driving while black" for all my cracka friends out there.

Being the helpful spouse that I am, I pull up behind the cop and take pictures while he searches the truck ...to find it empty. And my husband with legal visa papers, drivers license and every other form of documentation under the sun. I then call my husband on the cell phone and say:

"Are you being racially profiled?"

You've never seen such a sad, dejected police officer as this one. He was sure he was hitting the mother load of drug smugglers.

The possibility of having the wife of the driver pull behind him and start taking pictures for her blog never crossed his mind....

15 Baleful Regards:

Andrea said...

Too funny! Oh, you just have the craziest stuff happen to you! Either that or you have ordinary stuff happen to you and you write about it in such a unique way. Either way, I'm hooked on you.

Angel said...

I love your blog! I too am white, my husband is black. One time at the grocery store....we shopped every two weeks, so we always had a BIG buggy full of stuff, so we're at the store with our 3 kids,and the cashier asked if we were paying with FOOD STAMPS!! My husband pulled out a wad of bills and said, "uh, no,with cash."....she was so red!!! I love totell that story. Other "normal"couples don't get the crap that we get!

Fraulein N said...

Oh no she di'int ask if you were paying with food stamps! Why are ignorant people always the most brazen ones?

Lisa said...

Yikes! I would have been so pissed if I were him.

Jess Riley said...

How awful! But you did get one of the best blog photos I've seen in awhile.

Cristina said...

Payback by posting a photo to the blog! Well, at least it helps a little bit. But that is truly awful stuff.

Anonymous said...

I am LOL. I hope that's not bad. I just think it's hilarious that you took pictures for your blog. That's hardcore blog love, baby.

Anonymous said...

Gosh -- "Welcome to Canada! License and registration, please, and keep your hands where I can see them, sucka!"

sheesh.

Anonymous said...

I'm just so pissed that I don't know what the fuck to say. What was the reason given for pulling him over?

I'm glad you took pics. And didn't mask the license plate of the cruiser.

Mignon said...

Winner: Best Use of Blog Fame

Here's your golden statue...

Anonymous said...

I suppose laughing about it is the only way to survive it, but it still sucks. I'm amazed you were able to get out and take pictures without being shot, but I guess you're not in U.S. anymore.

Mom101 said...

Bad boys bad boys, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna do when Internal Affairs comes for you?

Anonymous said...

It's cool that you had his back like that.

Anonymous said...

So much for Canadians thinking they're so much more enlightened than us... Did the cop ever figure out there was someone behind him snapping pics? :-)

Cocoa Soleil said...

I am feeling you on this one! LMFAO! That song cracks me up too - seeing as though my DH gets pulled over on the regular, it should be his personal theme song!

Thrilled that I stumbled onto your blog! You are sooooo funny!

xoxo,
Cocoa Soleil

 
◄Design by Pocket